Neck And Shoulder Discomfort? Do This NO Excuse Exercise Daily
Think about all the time you spend with your shoulders rounded forward…
Driving, typing/working on a computer, texting, staring at your phone, texting, texting…
Did I mention texting?
Now add in activities you might do…
- Biking – even a hybrid-style bike where you are upright still places you in this shoulder position
- Knitting, sewing, crafting, woodwork…
- Basketball – more specifically, shooting.
Combine all these activities and that’s a lot of repetition. Hours and hours of slumped forward shoulders is a perfect recipe for tight shoulders and weak upper back musculature. The combination of the two usually leads to shoulder issues,neck pain and discomfort. And it won’t go away until you do something to counteract all the repetition creating the problem.
How do we fix it?
Upper back strength training! You can stretch all you want, but your problems aren’t going anywhere unless you strengthen the upper back muscles.
Band Pull Aparts are the NO EXCUSE SOLUTION! Band Pull Aparts
- Purchase an inexpensive band (you may have something already)
- Watch the video on how to perform properly.
- Stop what you are doing a few times throughout the day and just do them.
- Do high repetitions daily (50-100) – they don’t have to be all done at once.
Have a great weekend!