Six Ideas For Overcoming Common Fitness And Nutrition Triggers
I eat well until dinner then I want to eat everything in sight. This was what a friend of mine said recently when discussing nutrition. Which gave me the idea for this article.
Do you know your “until….”?
I eat well until I show up to work and someone brought donuts and danish. Which is everyday.
I eat well until I sit down on the couch and watch TV.
I do well until wine hits my lips. It’s so tasty on my lips that it’s hard not to finish the entire bottle.
I do well with my fitness until life gets a little hectic. Which happens often.
I do well until stress builds up and I use food or drink for a release.
We can all identify triggers that lead to poor food choices, high consumption or not making time for fitness.
What are we doing about it?
- Do you have dinner planned out in advance? Is it portion controlled?
- Did you fill up on a nutritious breakfast before leaving the house? Or just figured you would eat a couple donuts cause you know they’ll be there.
- Is reading a book or working on a project around the house an option instead of TV?
- Maybe you let the wine rack stay empty and see how you feel and sleep for a week or two.
- Having 30-60 minutes of time dedicated to your health and well-being, will have a resounding affect on everyone around you. Create some boundaries and make fitness a priority. This most likely will require sacrifice.
- Exercise is a great stress relief. Could you pack a bag and hit the gym or run right after work? I think the hard work you just put in will lead to better food choices.
When you make something a priority, you’ll find away to do it. Make eating better and fitness a life-long priority.