Maybe you’ve heard something like this: fat loss is 80% nutrition and 20% physical fitness.
What I’ve learned through experience is that fat loss, physical change to your body, and being happy with the person you are comes down to three factors:
- Mindset – Think Right
- Nutrition – Eat Right
- Exercise – Move Right
That’s 100% of each! Don’t worry, this doesn’t mean perfection (not even close, thank God). It simply means they are all equally important.
A positive mindset is essential for making a change.
When we are struggling with something (weight gain or a sedentary lifestyle, for instance) our thoughts can become negative and we lose belief in our abilities. Trying to change these thoughts and gaining confidence can be scary. And seeking help and the fear of the unknown can be downright terrifying!
These feelings are natural and we understand. When you hire a coach, you have someone on your team that believes in you. You are the captain of the ship and we are your guiding star. We will be there for you to overcome obstacles and help you keep moving toward your fitness goals.
Here is how we help you stay positive:
- Motivation and encouragement during your personal training sessions at the facility.
- Online using our “habit-change” nutrition and mindset software. (This allows us to be with you outside of the gym.)
- A positive environment (the most underrated component of success) composed of a tribe of people just like you! We have created a “family” environment that is welcoming and full of encouragement.
Daily support and accountability leads to consistency, which is always the biggest challenge to overcome.
Proper nutrition goes well beyond WHAT we should eat, calories and types, protein, carbs and fats. Yes, the type and quality of food is important, but for long-term results, the WHY, HOW, and WHEN we eat build the foundation.
Most of us have enough knowledge of what to do, but the problem lies in consistently using that knowledge in our daily choices.
The majority of our choices are determined by habits and behaviors we have developed over time. When we only focus on what to eat, the results don’t tend to stick around. Sure, you can lose weight, but the real goal is to keep it off for good!
When we work on changing food habits (i.e. eating slower and making better choices), we create a framework that gets you away from yo-yo dieting, calorie counting, and the constant frustrations you have probably had over the years.
Nutrition is the toughest factor in fat loss because it involves multiple decisions throughout the day. Thus, the importance of daily accountability and a one-step-at-a-time approach.
Our habit-change nutrition program involves:
- Daily lessons that educate, but also require ACTION to take place. Information is great, but action is where change happens.
- Daily habit (a new habit is introduced every two weeks) over the course of a year. You have one task each day to focus on at a time.
- Complete meal planning system – What we eat is important, so we work around your lifestyle to come up with a realistic plan based off of the foods you like.
- Our habit-change software allows us to coach you every day! We track all necessary data and together come up with solutions to keep you moving forward towards a new you!
There is no debate that we should move often and well.
But we are busy people, working and taking care of families. We don’t have a whole lot of time to dedicate to fitness. That’s why we need to maximize the time we can commit to exercise.
We do this through a combination of strength training and interval training because, combined, they provide the most bang for your buck. Visit our membership page to see our different training options available.
*Our programs do require effort on your part, but that effort is extremely rewarding!
Schedule a call to learn more or your FREE Breakthrough Strategy Session to get started today!