“A coach is someone who tells you what you don’t want to hear, who has you see what you don’t want to see, so you can be who you have always known you could be.”
– Tom Landry
The Rock Your Jeans Kickoff Event is on 9/13.
I’m doing it, are you? I’m doing it because I want to lead by example (BTF core value # 6) and drop a little body fat. The only way this is going to happen is by being held accountable for my nutrition. Yes, I am going to have my nutrition viewed weekly by one of the BTF coaches.
My training mindset is clear with the 100 workout challenge. I’ve done 38 gym sessions since July 1st and put in extra work outside of the gym. That part of the equation is covered.
I can’t say the same about my diet. It was going well until my birthday two weeks ago. Since then it’s been a slippery slope and I’m already using the fact that I’m heading to south Florida this weekend to fish (drink beer and drag bait if they aint biting) as an excuse for not getting my nutrition back on track. I haven’t gained weight, but I feel completely different than I did a few weeks back when I was eating much better. I’m no different from you. Life comes at us and can derail our efforts pretty quickly.
How has your nutrition been since the last challenge?
What about during the summer?
How do you think your nutrition during the holidays is going to go when you don’t go in with healthy habits?
60 days between Labor Day and Thanksgiving is an opportune time to focus on your nutrition and fitness.
Every one of us falls into one of these categories on why we need this challenge:
- You would love to be 1-2 sizes smaller. I have some leather ass-less chaps I need to fit just right for Halloween. There you go. Hold on to that image.
- Making sure we don’t slide backwards on previously earned results. Do you remember how good you felt passing on the serving of bread? Or when you put on a pair of pants one morning and they were loose? Didn’t it feel good when you stepped on that scale and saw a lower number? That took effort and determination. Don’t waste the work.
- Going into the holiday season with momentum and healthy habits in place.
- Accountability and camaraderie. We are humans. We are designed to interact and be part of a community. When we work together, supporting each other, we all win.
What about the nutrition plan?
You will receive a new packet. The information and plan will be based off two main principles:
It will probably be the simplest plan yet. Is it some magical new plan? No.
Are you currently following past plans? It’s not the plan, it’s the action!
This year, we will have an additional form of motivation – a cash prize! Call it the icing on the cake for one individual. Feeling awesome and good about yourself is the actual cake.
In order to be eligible for the cash prize, you’ll need to follow these requirements
(We highly encourage you to do the challenge regardless.)
- Follow the guidelines provided in the Rock Your Jeans nutrition plan.
- Minimum of 24 gym sessions during the 60-day challenge, monitored with the MYZONE® belt. If you don’t currently own one, you’ll have to purchase one – $60 for the belt. This monitor has a helpful app where you can connect with other gym members and use that as motivation to track your workouts and challenge yourself at the gym. This is a fantastic tool and can help you increase your effort levels at the gym and at home.
- Write a review on the Breakthrough Fitness business Facebook page.
- Have your nutrition viewed by a BTF staff member once weekly in person. Either bring in your phone and share your nutrition logging (via your preferred app) or bring in whatever item (i.e.:journal etc) you are using to track your food. We want you all to reach out to staff and share your food tracking in person. We will not be tracking and sending emails or messages like we did for the muffin top challenge. Instead, we want to have a person to person conversation about your food and tracking.
- Bring in a pair of jeans that are 1-2 sizes smaller than you are now. We will take before and after pictures at the gym. Before pictures will simply be you holding up the pair of jeans you want to rock. (No awkward, half-dressed before pictures.) Your after picture will be you wearing and “rocking” your jeans! We will hang your jeans up on the gym walls for daily motivation!
Call Us For More Details – 407-542-5910
Enjoy the Labor Day weekend!